lynne's veehive

If you're going my way, I'll walk with you...

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Exhausting yet Satisfying Day



Wake up at 2 in the morning and start preparing for today’s venture. After two hours I rode a bus, get off in Bacoor and waited half hour for another bus going to Olongapo.
I’m off to my hometown for an exam and interview in a company located in Subic Bay Freeport Zone, for a position of Senior Leader in QA Department. The invitation was quite a surprise for me as I have submitted my resume last September with the position of Engineering Staff. And, frankly speaking I didn’t have any supervisory experience yet. But then, I decided to give it a shot thinking they would not call me if they think I don’t suit the qualifications they are looking for. Also, looking for a new challenges in life and been eager to raise my intellectual level a notch which I think must have been stagnant for not working in years, I traveled for more than five hours to take the challenge.
I arrived at 9 a.m., and decided to drop by at a church first since it’s still early for my appointment. After thirty minutes I headed for SBFZ, the guard asked for my ID and when I told him that I’m for an interview he said that I should get a one day pass from Building 606. But the lady-in-charge said that she could not give me a pass since the company do not have a request for that day. So, I go out of the Zone and rode a taxi which costs me P120 (well I have it in mind to ride in a taxi going to the company to avoid getting lost lol).
The exam starts at 11 a.m., consisting of four parts. Gone through two interviews, first from the HR Personnel and the second is a two-man interview. At 4 in the afternoon, I and three others were later informed that our applications for Senior Leader are for review. Whether I fail or pass the interview, it’s alright, haven’t had this experience for many years now, it feels good going through this thing again. What matters most for me are the things I gained from every attempt that I take.

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Software

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home